Butterflies @ 5
Enjoy an exclusive after-hours “behind-the-scenes” tour of our Butterfly Garden — and help release the butterflies! — under the guidance of our lead animal care specialist, Derek “The Butterfly Guy” Kellogg.
Program: “Monarch migration: what we know so far”
Your ticket to Butterflies @ 5 also includes:
- 2 glasses of wine or beer
- Treats by Chocolatepaper
- Selections from Madame Butterfly by Opera Roanoke’s Scott Williamson and Amy Cofield Williamson
Just $10/person for members; $20 for non-members.
SQUARE SOCIETY MEMBERS PURCHASE A TICKET AND GET ONE FREE!!!
Future Butterflies @ 5 events include:
- June 28, 5-7 pm. “Pollen feeding in longwing butterflies.” Performance by Jefferson Center Music Lab
- July 26, 5-7 pm. “Using light for colors: morpho scales.” Performance by Roanoke Ballet
- August 30, 5-7 pm. “What are eyespots actually good for?” Performance by Roanoke Symphony Orchestra
- September 27, 5-7 pm. “How plants get pollinators to do what they want.” Performance by Opera Roanoke Apprentices
Funding for our cultural partners is generously provided by the KATHERINE NELSON FISHBURN FOUNDATION FUND of the Foundation for Roanoke Valley.
Pre-pay for all 5 events and receive one free: $80/non-members, $40/members.